The Book Of Iona 17CD box set - 2nd Pressing
The Book Of Iona 16CD box set - 2nd Pressing
2nd pressing of this amazing 17 disc set, capturing not only all the studio albums from Iona but features almost the same amount of music again on a Companion Disk for each album. These companion discs, which Dave Bainbridge has personally overseen the assembly of are included; rare and unreleased studio recordings, different mixes, unreleased tracks, live recordings from the era the studio album was recorded. Below is the provisional tracklisting to the "companion disks".
In addition to the extra audio content of the box, also included is:
24 page A4 Booklet (full of previously unseen photos of the band and recent written sleeve notes to accompanmy each disc) Signed and Numbered certificate Reproduction memorabilia Reproduction publicity photos Poster
Order your set TODAY!!
** IONA COMPANION AUDIO DISK**
1.Turning Tide 1.30 (remastered from original 2 track DAT master tape) 2.Flight of the Wild Goose 1.59 - Dave original demo 3.Flight of the Wild Goose 5.58 (original album version - remastered from original 2 track mixtape). 4. The Island 4.11 J o’s original demo - recorded Otley, Yorkshire Aug 1989, 5.The Island 5.06 (original album version - remastered from original 2 track mixtape). 6.White Sands 1.24 - Dave original demo 7. Dancing on the Wall 4.02 (originally titled For the Better) original demo, 8. Dancing on the Wall 4.39 (original album version - remastered from original 2 track mixtape). 9.A Machair 5.24 (original album version - remastered from original 2 track mixtape). 10. Vision of Naran 5.06 - original demo, more Eastern sounding version, 11. Vision of Naran 5.48 (remastered from original 2 track DAT master tape), 12. Beijing 2.20 - Dave original demo 13. Iona 3.16 - Jo’s original demo - recorded Otley, Yorkshire Aug 1989, 14. Iona 3.24 (remastered from original 2 track DAT master tape) 15. Trilogy 9.31 - First Iona demo version, which includes some sections not used on the album. 16. Here I Stand 3.08 - original version with piano 17. Columcille 2.47 with Electric guitar on melody!
TOTAL TIME 69.33 **
THE BOOK OF KELLS COMPANION AUDIO DISK**
1.Kells Opening Theme, 1.26 Original demo recorded as the idea formed! 2.Revelation 1.23 - early demo 3.Man - Vocal section 1 1.37 demo, wordless vocal 4. Man - Vocal section 2 1.36 demo, wordless vocal 5. Tree of Life 4.05 (which became Mark the Lion) 6. The River Flows 1.49 early demo. Originally called Faithful Heart, the title was changed during the album studio sessions. 7. Faithful Heart (The River Flows) 4.48 (remastered from original 2 track mixtape) 8. Virgin & Child - 3.16 harp only version 9. John the Eagle (originally titled Hill of the Angels) 2.52 - recorded on the Isle of Mull 1991 10. Kells Theme 1.10 - Dave original demo 11. Kells Theme Jig! 1.08 - Dave original demo 12. Eternity 2.19 Kensington Temple heavenly choir with new keyboards 13. Warrior of the Wasteland 3.35 14.Lost Tribe 3.24 - demo March 1991 15. Harp & Whistle idea 2.37 - demo March 1991 16. Watching You - demo. 17. Sax / Keys Impro 4.04 Before David B and David F were in Iona we toured together with several other artists, especially singer-songwriter Adrian Snell. After soundcheck was finished, they would often jam together and realized there was a very special chemistry when we did this. Several Iona pieces were born out of these improvisations and we carried on with these spontaneous jams during Iona rehearsals and writing sessions. This track is an example of exactly that, recorded on cassette during a get together in September 1990. The original keys part was a little quiet in the mix, so I’ve added a little to it, using synth sounds that were available back in 1990. 18. My Town 4.15 19. Hard Way to Learn 3.42 demo with Frank violin - recorded on the Isle of Mull. 20.Reilig Orain demo1.46. 21. Whistle & Keys Atmospheric idea 2.49 - recorded on the Isle of Mull 1991
TOTAL 60.14 - NOT INCLUDING TRACKS STILL TO ADD
** BEYOND THESE SHORES COMPANION AUDIO DISK Complete running order to be confirmed, but including:**
- Bird of Heaven 3.13 - alternate vocal section - demo early 1993.
- Bird of Heaven 9.59 remix
- Machrie Moor - 4.20 harp only version
- Burning Like Fire 4.01 - rehearsal, Acton, London, early 1993
- Beachy Head - 6.11 rehearsal, Acton, London, early 1993
- Murlough Bay 3.57 - original demo, early 1993, recorded at Jo’s.
**JOURNEY INTO THE MORN COMPANION AUDIO DISK Complete running order to be confirmed, but including:
- Bi-Se Pt1 2.40 (originally titled Just & True Way) - Dave o**riginal demo Feb 1995. This melody came to Dave in a dream and he got up in the night to write it down.
- Everything Changes 3.22 - original version (recorded during Kells album sessions Journey into the Morn 5.34 (featuring Roine Stolt)
- Moya & Jo Vocal Loops
OPEN SKY COMPANION AUDIO DISK Complete running order to be confirmed, but including:
- Woven Cord rehearsal take, including lovely slow section not on the album version. Recorded at Joanne’s, Ireland 10/98, as the band was still working on the piece.
- Wave after Wave 2.55 - Dave & Jo original demo Otley 3/99, Jo was coming up with melody ideas over the groove that Dave had created.
- Hinba 4.09 - Jo’s original demo
- songs of Ascent Pt 1 5.00 Dave's early demo, the fast drum rhythm was replaced by the half time feel and a vocal section on the released version.
- Lament for the World 6.54 6.Jo Hymn Tune idea 0.50 Jo has often found it easier to come up with vocal melodies when she’s singing words rather than wordless ahs’. During this writing session there happened to be a hymn book lying around and Jo came up with this melody based upon the words of this hymn.
- A Dhia Gheigil (Angel of God), 1.52 Beautiful version of this track, originally considered for inclusion on the album.
- Jo Song of Hope Vocal loops
- I Cannot Understand 3.09 - Dave & Jo song idea
- Columba Poem song idea 3.16 Jo & Dave improvising around Columba’s creation poem The Spacious Firmament - Jo / Dave working on a song idea which ended up on Jo’s first solo album.Voices Jo Layered Vocals 2.45
- Vocal Harmonies & Keys 2.15 - Nice layering of Joanne’s vocals over Dave’s chord progression
** THE CIRCLING HOUR COMPANION AUDIO DISK Complete running order to be confirmed, but including: ** 1. How Wonderful - original demos 1.53 (delicate version), 2.49 (bolder version). Recorded late ’90’s in Ireland, whilst Jo and Dave were working on ideas for what would become Open Sky. Although it was not used on the Open Sky album, Dave always remembered this demo, especially the version on which Jo, unsure of how the melody would be, was singing very softly and intimately. He returned to it when the band were putting ideas together for the Circling Hour. 2. Spirit of God 3.37 This version recorded and mixed for an edition of BBC's Songs of Praise Almighty Father Who Dost Give 2.37
*ANOTHER REALM COMPANION AUDIO DISK Complete running order to be confirmed, but including: * 1. Jo & Dave Improvisation, 10.50 - Spontaneous improvisation, recorded at Open Sky Studio on 11th January 2011 2. Dave & Martin improvisation 6.15 - Keys/D Whistle Spontaneous improvisation, recorded 14th December 2010 3. Dave & Martin improvisation 4.26 - 6/8 Tin whistle and Keys ac gtr, Piano Reverb Gd Mx1 Interesting solo'ed, treated piano atmosphere 4. Dave & Martin improvisation Pipes Free 5. Dave & Martin improvisation Pipes Hymn-like 6. All that we Have ever dreamed 4.15 7. Cindy Spear Lyric song. Recorded in July 2011. Troy plays low whistle on this demo, Jo piano, Dave keys. 8.Gotta Lift Our Eyes Up - 4.55, Recorded in October 2009 at Joanne’s, another song considered for ‘Another Realm’. 9. Valley of Decision 5.48 Recorded in October 2009 at Joanne’s, another song considered for ‘Another Realm’. 10. What a Day 4.27 Recorded in February 2010 at Joanne’s, this is very much a Christmas song from her and was another track considered for ‘Another Realm’. 11. Don’t Look Back, 5.37 - Recorded October 2009 at Joanne’s, this was the original demo of what became the epic piece White Horse. 12. Slow Air - Martin & Dave - Recorded in February 2010 at Joanne’s 13. And the Angels Dance - single mix
SNOWDONIA COMPANION DISK Complete running order to be confirmed, but including:
- Columcille (original album version - remastered from original 2 track mixtape). This original mix doesn’t have the intro and link sections, which were recorded later, during the album mastering session with Dave Aston
- Beijing 5.19 (2003 widescreen remix)
- Iona 3.21 - demo 2, more atmospheric, closer to the recorded version
*Plus additional newly recorded tracks featuring Iona co-founders Dave Bainbridge & David Fitzgerald & other band members. *