The Gospels evolved because Rick Wakeman was asked to perform at an organ recital to raise money for the Camberley United Reform Church, which was in desperate need of a new organ. Rick pondered what to play and the more he thought about it and what the evening should mean, the more he felt that something very special was about to take place. Thoughts of the New Testament kept creeping into his mind and he decided to write an instrumental piece to the settings of the four Gospels. He began working but after a couple of hours realised that there was no way he was going to get across the feelings he wished to portray without singing. The music seemed to cry out for an operatic tenor. Amazingly enough, just a few weeks earlier, Rick had met the famous tenor Ramon Remedios at a charity concert in which they both performed and he plucked up courage to ask him if he would kindly agree to perform the New Gospels with him. The concert was a tremendous success and Ramon’s feeling and understanding of the music moved many people to tears. The complete Gospels is a limited edition box set containing all the known recordings of the project both audio and visual. Along with a reproduction A4 x 12 page concert program.
Special Limited Edition Boxset containing
- Signed by Rick Wakeman and numbered certificate
- DVD containing over 2 hours of footage including an in depth interview with Rick about the project.
- Double CD 1, The Original Gospels - with Robert Powell as the Narrator
- Double CD2, The New Gospels DVD / CD of The Gospels performed live in California – never seen before
- Reproduction A4 x 12 page concert program
Click to pre-order now!